Thursday, 8 August 2013

Back at Sea Level: The Yeti

Back at Sea Level is a weekly thing wherein I'll mention something about my day-to-day life: i.e. the non-hilly bits. I know, I know. I'll try to keep it brief.

This week: The Yeti

Now since I launched this blog on Sunday, you might have noticed me making reference to "the Yeti". Other than him being someone who is flirted at for lifts and who carries the stuff, it might not be entirely clear who he is. In short, he's this guy:

«Melting en-route to Stickle Tarn

Confidant, pack-horse, smartarse, and hiking buddy & boyfriend to the bitch who loves hills.

Called Yeti because he's big (well, compared to me), strong, and ...um... hairy.

Oh, and excuse the purple rucksack: that's mine.

The Yeti is also known as "Sam" (apparently); he's a chemistry student, cyclist, and has a penchant for explosions and things that cause explosions (especially if they're armoured).

«

As for how he is on hikes: his mountain biking means he has a head for heights (and for ascending towards them), his strength makes him a fantastic pack-horse and scrambling buddy (the few times I've nearly fallen, I've been rescued by him) - and, what's more, he's a brilliant navigator... which is especially handy as I'm beyond awful with a map (more about that in another post).

So yeah. That's the Yeti. 
Everyone ought to have one.

«Because we have very little real maturity.


Other ace things this week:
  • Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa - Film of the year. Do not miss it. (I cried laughing. I didn't even know that was really a thing.)
  • Randomly bursting into fits of giggles at the mere memory of Alpha Papa
  • Playing on the battlements at Shrewsbury Castle
  • "Thanks for leading us on a dead goose chase!"
  • Too much American candy
  • Securing Arcturus tickets
  • Watching this ancient Top Gear video over brunch.
  • Grope Lane. 
  • Oh, and the -um- Wasp Danish...

«O.O

No comments:

Post a Comment