Monday, 19 August 2013

Hiking Wishlist: Pike O'Blisco

I'm a bit in love with Great Langdale, if I'm honest.

The Yeti and I went there for a few days in July to celebrate me graduating my Masters (with a distinction. Not that I'm bragging, or anything...) after it was recommended to me by the bloke who was my hiking buddy last year (yet when I went with him to the Lakes, we went to Low fsking Wray. Don't worry, I've since told him off). One day I'll do a proper account of that mini-break, but the central theme of that time was that it was basically too freaking hot to do anything.

Seriously. The biggest ascension we managed was to Stickle Tarn (473m, apparently) and I even keeled over on the first attempt up there thanks to a hearty dose of heatstroke (I'm not designed for hot weather...).

Anyway, all this melting and whatnot meant that we didn't get to attack the one recommendation we had hill-wise for the trip: Pike O'Blisco.  So now, naturally, I want to go up it. At 705m, it should be a fair undertaking for someone as rubbish as me - but apparently the views are well worth it...


Even on less-than clear days:


Plus, it seems to have some decent scrambly bits....



Aye. That seems like it'll be quite a fun one.

Sources: One, Two, Three

No comments:

Post a Comment