Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Hiking Wishlist: Higger Tor

It might not be hugely aspirational, perhaps not even that exciting, but I've been thinking a lot about Higger Tor since I spied it from Carl Wark last week.

Path to Higger Tor (Andrew Birkitt) Source
The Yeti and I are eagerly awaiting the next opportunity to head over to Carl Wark (as he hasn't been yet) and then up to Higger Tor to climb over, well, pretty much everything... then probably on to Hathersage for a pint or five.

Carl Wark as seen from Higger Tor (Mat Robinson photography)
Source

I think I'm also somewhat swayed by the fact that Higger Tor is technically in the Sheffield boundary. South Yorkshire pride 'n' that. 

But on the whole - as with any item on the wishlist - it looks pretty, and it offers damn decent views. And that's more than enough for me.

(martynj1 on Flickr) Source


No comments:

Post a Comment