Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Back At Sea Level: The Busy Panda

It's been a busy few weeks, truth be told.

So first I was a panda in Hull in honour of my best friend turning 22...
«I'm the one at the back

Also that weekend, the Yeti and I headed over to Fancie Sharrowvale for the first and last time. It shut down a few days later (hence our visit) and we ingested enough sugar to kill a horse.

«(horses can die of that, right?)

I then started back at my more impressive-sounding part time job: teaching ethics to medical students. So that's been a massive time-suck, although it's more than worth it. I've also been offered a full-time job elsewhere, so there's been a lot of getting ready for that as well - all in addition to still working at the pub.

I then had a crazy few days last week consisting of lunch with my boss, teaching, frantically having to reorganise some notes for my scholarship, drinks with the hiking buddy of 2012 (his work is based in the same city as my "grown up" job). And all this followed by extreme Yeti times.

«
Sadly, since he got himself a grown up job with grown up hours, I've hardly seen the Yeti at all. But thanks to his increasingly odd rota and to my boss being a little more chilled on the weekdays-off front, we managed a simultaneous day off this week! (And there are ones coming up next week and the last week of October). 

So we spent our first proper day together in nearly 3 weeks lazing around, watching things, and generally enjoying one another's company. 
We also went to Fancie and ate this pile o' meat...

«
It was incredible. I can't sing praises for that restaurant enough. Heaven on Earth (well. Outside the Lake District, anyway).
And since then it's mainly been working, working, and more working.

Although I did manage to get extremely drunk at my workmate's leaving do on Friday.

You know it's a good night when you head out at 4pm for a quiet drink... and then end up getting carried home by your boyfriend at 10. I'm going to miss the girl in question, but I'm glad we gave her a decent send off before she jets off to Cyprus (lucky so-n-so).

Otherwise, the most exciting thing was probably getting gifted a cake pop while I was still pretty squiffy from the meal out.

«
So I hope this goes someway into explaining why I've been a little rubbish of late. And hopefully I'll be a little less quiet on the hill front over the next few weeks.

There are no hikes planned for a small while yet, but the series on the Art of Not Freezing To Death will continue, and there are a fair few articles in the pipeline to be published over the coming days and weeks.

Until then, 
stay pandarrific.
(oh gods I'm so sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment