Friday, 25 October 2013

El Pandito

I'm not a big reader of blogs in general and that goes for outdoors blogs too, but my favourite in this category has to be Where's Herdy? 

Source

Where's Herdy?
is probably more of a competition than a blog, each month it's updated with the most recent Lake District adventure of Herdy (a pot Herdwick sheep) and the reader is encouraged to use the story and the photos to work out where he's visited that month. The hiking buddy of 2012 can usually guess it straight off on photos alone - meanwhile I usually manage to narrow it down to "Cumbria".

But my unending admiration for the blog and its star led me to decide two things before the Yeti and I headed to the lakes over the summer:

  1. If we were to end up in Grasmere then I was going to pick up some adorable Herdy Merch (I'm not sorry). And..
  2. I wanted a hiking mascot, dammit!
Now I'm painfully clumsy at the best of times (case and point: yesterday I broke a nail on my duvet...), so a pot anything is out of the question, but a rummage around my room brought up the following ideal alternative:

«
Pandito!

Small, light, and rigid enough to sit up without much assistance, Pandito is the perfect pointless hiking mascot.

You might have seen him appear once or twice before on the blog, but I thought it was worth formally introducing him.

So say hello to the elusive Cumbrian Mountain Panda...

«

«

«


No comments:

Post a Comment