Thursday, 26 December 2013

I'm Back, Baby.

«
Did you miss me? Foolish question. Of course you did.

You didn't miss a great deal; mainly me being hopelessly exhausted thanks to work, lots of commuting, and uni prep. Turns out full time work is somewhat tiring (I'm hoping it was just the long commute, otherwise I may yet fail at the whole being a grown up thing...)
But it wasn't all work: I aged up to the quarter century mark (ugh), which the Yeti and I marked with... Yes! A hike!

And would you believe it: we did the same route as I did eons ago at the start of 2012.
Back to where it all began.
I'm currently working on getting the Yeti to take me to the Long Mynd when I go to visit him in Shropshire later in the week; but even if we can't, I feel like Kinder's a nice, almost symbolic outing on which to finish the hiking year. Anyway, more on that at a later point.

Now there's still a lot going on in my life right now - although I'm no longer a full-time wage slave, I now have to get myself ready for starting my PhD next month (eek!). I'm also trying to cram in spending time with family, friends, and the Yeti before I cross the Pennines on a more permanent basis, and I'm working on getting into better shape in time for joining my first hiking soc. So I guess the posts won't be anywhere near as frequent as they were when I started this blog in August, but I will make the effort to post fairly regularly (I'm aiming for twice-weekly, and we'll see where we go from there). Oh, and I'll try as well to avoid a blog blackout any time soon.

Thank you all for your patience. I'll see you again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment