Sunday, 12 January 2014

Back at Sea Level: Birthday, Shitscram, and lots of Boxes

«
I've been away for a fair bit, so a fair bit has happened. 
So in chronological order...

  • I had a birthday
    I turned 25 (gah), which I celebrated with a hike and an evening out (I went to TGIs with my friends; they ran out of cutlery and I had to eat my ice cream with a fork). The Yeti also treated me to the most awesome coat ever: warm and stylish... plus now I'm ready for Manchester! ;)
  • I quit my full time job
    I enjoyed the routine, the satisfaction of earning a decent bit of money, and even some of the actual work... but I did not enjoy getting shouted at by old people about things that made no sense. I was going to quit in December any way, but I ended up leaving a week earlier than planned. Some people are cut out for call centres; I am not one of them.
  • Sam and I Went to London
    Arcturus played London last Month and there was no way in hell I was going to miss it. Plus Sam had never had a proper trip to London(!) - so a weekend away was inevitable. It was awesome: the gig, shopping, sightseeing, my beloved NHM, and dinner at the best fast food place in London. Ace.
  • Shitscram
    Thanks to an amusing image I stumbled across, Sam and I have now taken to referring to the Christmas/NYE period as Shitscram. As you do. Anyhoo it was pretty decent: I didn't do too badly out of Christmas and it was lovely to ring in 2014 with the best person I'd met in 2013 (and for some time, come to that). I hope you all had a brilliant Shitscram!
  • I visited the Yeti in his natural habitat
    Which was a fair bit of fun. He'd also not long since left his job, so there was quite a lot of relaxing involved. Sadly, illness and uni drama meant that we still haven't managed to attack the Long Mynd just yet, but at least we got a lot of shopping done (including a new piece of kit...).
  • Packing. All of the Packing.
    This photo accurately represents my life right now. This time next week I'll be in my new home at the over side of the Penines. I start my PhD Monday-week and tomorrow I'll get the keys to my new flat. It's a very busy time - but it's also quite scary, which is why I'm writing this rather than doing anything to get ready for my new life.
Hope you've all had a decent couple of weeks. Now to get back to the grind....

No comments:

Post a Comment