Saturday, 8 February 2014

Hiking Dry-Spell

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before, I'm not exactly experienced in winter hiking. My boots won't take crampons, my gloves are Primarni, and the responsibility involved in owning an ice axe terrifies me. 


Also, nature has seen fit to build me with a big nose and a predisposition to being nesh*, which doesn't exactly help matters.
*(technical Yorkshire term, meaning 'feels the cold more')

And so, thanks in part to these factors (and as well to injuries and an-ever increasing pile of work), Kinder 2.0 remains my most recent hike. Bah.

«Still remains awesome, though.

I had toyed with the idea of joining the Hiking Soc, but at the minute I'm not even finding the time to participate properly in the Rock Soc (and that basically just involves drinking one night a week). Plus being in a society doesn't protect against factors like insufficient winter kit or being a nesh bugger.

That said, I'm slowly but surely edging towards something resembling a work-life balance(!), and I'm giving myself this rock'n'roll, pie-in-the-sky goal:
Be it in the Lakes, the Dales, or the Peaks, by the end of this month
I WILL have hiked my first hill of 2014.


«And posed triumphantly upon it, too.

Plus then I can finally bloody write up about my new bit of kit! (oo-er)

So hopefully I will soon have something a little more epic to tell you all about.

Til then.





No comments:

Post a Comment