Monday, 23 June 2014

Prepping for The Lakes: I Need a Little Help


Apologies for the cheesiness - but I'm so happy today (I finished my literature review draft!) that my demeanour is abnormally sunny...

Anyhoo - two weeks until the big trip to the Lake District! 10 nights under those wonderful skies, flanked by those glorious Cumbrian mountains (I really am far too happy today), and I was wondering if I could call on my wonderful readers and fellow hill aficionados.

I know it's cheeky as I haven't been around all that much of late, but now that my literature draft review is done (I still can't believe it!), I'll have something resembling time. And this is the first in a 2-week series: 'Prepping for the Lakes' - because you all know you want to see me progress for excited and curious to downright panicky and flaky. There's also two hill write-ups to come, a fitness update, and a kit update too.

Watch this space as well - there might just be a site makeover on the horizon...

So yes, as I was saying.

I need your help!

I'm wanting recommendations, many many recommendations...
  • Amazing places to sink a pint  Though the Yeti's well aware that we're visiting Kirkstone Pass Inn...
  • The best pub grub in the Lakes
    Preferably near a nice little walk
  • And of course Hills/routes!
     
    For once I'm going to the Lakes for more than a weekend, and in a car(!), so suddenly we're no longer restricted to Great Langdale (not that we're going to neglect it, either...). So the Yeti and I would be hugely grateful for any recommendations of fells and routes - especially those that require a nice, light scramble (like Grade 1 or 0 (which I clearly just invented)), and one that will suit a fitness level one could term "good but not great" - like, 'can reach the top of Loose Hill without praying for death but will definitely have a dab on and may be a bit out of breath' level of fitness.


And lady fell-walkers, I have a request that's a little more daft...

For the first time in my hill-walking life, I find myself in possession of long(!) hair. So far my tactic of dealing with this has been to either use a pony tail or to just let it fly free...


Obviously the pony-tail will be the standard go-to while we're away, but I'd love any recommendations/suggestions for nice and simple up-dos (I'll be living in a tent, after all). Ponytails are great and all, but we'll be there for 11 days and it'd be lovely to switch things up a little.

Sorry about this, but I've only just got into a lipstick; I'm a late starter to this kind of thing.




So in sum, I'd be hugely appreciative for all your recommendations - including if you'd like to recommend/suggest anything for the trip that I haven't mentioned here (days out? sights? stuff to do?). You could comment below, or catch me on Twitter.

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment