Sunday, 26 October 2014

Lakes 2014: Day Five



The Friday was a relaxed one: the chaos from the flameless cookbox the previous day (a rant-filled post for another day) meant that we had to head over to Ambleside to pick up some new cookwear to replace it. And while we were there, Sam finally gave in to my constant demands to spend some time in Waterhead.

I know it can be a bit touristy, but it really is a nice place to have a sit (and a chocolate-covered ice cream) and just relax.





I'd asked Sam to hold my ice cream while I ran off to take a photo. I came back to him looking less-than happy because people had walked past him, seen the two ice creams, and had given him a Look.

Best. Beer garden. Ever.




After that we returned to the campsite, fired up the new portable BBQ, and took in some of the wildlife that seemed to be really interested in Sam's sausages.
(I know, I heard it too. Sorry.)








Next time: Lingmoor Fell on a cloudy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment