Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Back at Sea Level: The Big Announcement


This weekend just gone, the Yeti and I visited his family in Shropshire. It was a lovely weekend filled with mini adventures, a lot of laughs, and a lot of good food (including my first ever try of venison!).

But this bit was my favourite...



The Yeti popped The Question!

Looking out from the dam on Lake Vyrnwy (the image at the top), Sam turned to me and said "If I don't do this now, then I'll never get round to it" and produced the ring from his jacket pocket. The Romance. 

So now in addition to the PhD, training up for the Lakes, and generally surviving life, there's now a wedding to plan as well. And it will more than likely have a very subtle hill theme. Because we can.

And because Bitches Love Hills.


Lakes: July 2013

The Yeti has been my hiking buddy, navigator, and in-stream rescuer for over two years. Since before he had a beard(!). 

Together we've survived food poisoning while in the hills, my attempts at map-reading, and a daft number of injuries.

I've always loved having him by my side, ever since our first hill-walk (the Mam Tor circuit - what else!) way back in May 2013 for our one-month anniversary. Strong, smart, athletic, patient, and generally awesome company - he's everything you could ever want in a hiking partner. So I'm pretty glad that I've bagged him for keeps; on the hills and off them too. 

Lose Hill 2013 (our first hike)

Lakes 2013 - Ice cream in Grasmere

Yorkshire Dales 2015

The Wrekin 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment